i painted this today. i used a new technique that i made up! hehe
i applied the acrylics with a dry brush. i wanted to highlight the textures and provide a base of color that wouldn’t mix up when i but the watercolors on it.
i put down lots of colors, but not such that it was covered entirely. then i put some watercolor paint on, still using a dry brush, in strategic places.
finally, i dry brushed on quite a bit of black watercolor. then i used a tiny spray bottle, it mists, like a perfume bottle. the watercolors were “activated” by the water and they started to mix. the acrylics stayed put and made it opaque and almost solid with the watercolors moving around with the flow of the water. i think the results are interesting but i haven’t achieved the look i want yet.